with the Scientific Committee consisting of Professor Jean-Paul Linnartz, Eindhoven University of Technology / Signify, Will Crowcombe, TNO and Xiong Deng, Eindhoven University of Technology and the organiser Pieter Hermans, Jakajima.
Each moderator explains his session, talks about the speaker and the relations amongst the several topics ranging from Ultra-short range to Ultra Long Range.
The conference focuses on leading edge research on Optical Wireless Communication in its different forms and gathers experts from academia and industry to show their latest technical results and showcase their products and services. The application scope is broad and it ranges from Ultra-short range to Ultra-long range.
Conference topics cover visible light communication, infrared optical and ultraviolet communication. These different forms of OWC can potentially be employed in a diverse range of communication applications ranging from optical interconnects within integrated circuits through outdoor inter-building links to free-space satellite communications.
The following topics will be covered during the conference with an interresting speaker line-up:
- Ultra-short range: for instance chip-to-chip communications in stacked and closely packed multi-chip packages
- Short range: For instance wireless personal area network (WPAN) applications under standard IEEE 802.15.7 and underwater communications.
- Medium range: indoor IR and visible light communications (VLC) for wireless local area networks (WLANs) and inter-vehicular and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications.
- Long range: inter-building connections, also called free-space optical communications (FSO).
- Ultra-long range: Laser communication in space especially for inter-satellite links and establishment of satellite constellations
Watch other videos about Photonics and Applications on the JakajimaTV channel.