A.M Khalid, J. P. Linnartz, P. V. Voorthuisen, X. Deng, S. Mardani Signify Research, Eindhoven University of Technology
We describe the first productization of bidirectional LiFi architecture based on latest ITU-T standard G.9991 (G.vlc).
We report experiences in-offering a gross data-rate of 250 Mbps downlink and 200 Mbps uplink in point-to-multipoint system configuration.
The conference focuses on leading edge research on Optical Wireless Communication in its different forms and gathers experts from academia and industry to show their latest technical results and showcase their products and services. The application scope is broad and it ranges from Ultra-short range to Ultra-long range.
Conference topics cover visible light communication, infrared optical and ultraviolet communication. These different forms of OWC can potentially be employed in a diverse range of communication applications ranging from optical interconnects within integrated circuits through outdoor inter-building links to free-space satellite communications.
The following topics are being covered during the conference:
- Ultra-short range: for instance chip-to-chip communications in stacked and closely packed multi-chip packages
- Short range: For instance wireless personal area network (WPAN) applications under standard IEEE 802.15.7 and underwater communications.
- Medium range: indoor IR and visible light communications (VLC) for wireless local area networks (WLANs) and inter-vehicular and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications.
- Long range: inter-building connections, also called free-space optical communications (FSO).
- Ultra-long range: Laser communication in space especially for inter-satellite links and establishment of satellite constellations
This paper, Productization Experiences of G.vlc (ITU) based LiFi System for high Speed Indoor Wireless Access, was presented during the conference which took place during the Photonics Applications Week.